San Saturnino of Usolvisi Church owes its attractions not only to its Romanesque forms, characterized by great architectural simplicity, but also to the scenic value of the site, as well as the interest of the layout on the collapse stones of a nuraghe.
The first news of the title "sancti Saturnini de Usolvisi" dates back to 1163, the year in which it was donated to the Camaldolese monks by Attone, bishop of Castra. The construction of the church can be ascribed to workers operating around the mid-twelfth century.
The church, with a single nave, is made of volcanic cantons from local quarries. The apse is oriented N/E and surmounted by a bell tower, perhaps not in its original position. The facade, very linear, is reinforced at the corners by robust angular pilasters; in the center opens the portal with an architrave on which a raised round arch is set. The same happens for the portal opened laterally. There are two windows in the sides and one in the apse.
Continue reading: https://www.sardegnacultura.it/cerca/119143?internal=0